Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Amnesty Baptism, Faith and Works, Salvation

I dont believe in amnesty baptism or amnesty for those who are trying to get into the Kingdom of God illegally. (John 10: 1) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. I believe that Jesus Christ was baptised by one having authority to baptize.

I believe I am a Son of God. (John 10:33) The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods
?

I believe that any man who has faith in Christ shows that love by trying to emulate Christ, after all, He did say John 14: 6 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Some "Christians" suggest all you have to do is say a little prayer and BAM, your saved, thats it , just accept Jesus as your Savior and your as good as in. Lets apply that wisdom to everyday life.
"I'd like a degree in medicine sir, I want it bad, I accept the University of Washington as having the best medical program in the nation, and if you just let me in, I know that you'll grant my hearts most fondest wish and I can get a degree."
Does that logic really work? Day dreaming for a degree and talking about it with little to no effort is equal to saying a prayer and expecting salvation. Matt. 15: 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Matt. 7: 21
21 ¶ Not every one that asaith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.


James 2: 18, 20, 26
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. • • •
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? • • •
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

1 Thes. 1: 3
3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

Faith is a verb. Some "Christians" would say that I'm trying to earn my way to heaven. Nothing could be further from the truth. Christ said (John 14: 15 ) If ye love me, keep my commandments. I accept Jesus the Christ as my Savior, and I'm trying to emulate him, is that blasphemous? Rom. 8: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
I do my best, and I will always fall short, I'm not perfect and will never claim to be. I do feel that as a follower of Christ I ought to be held at a higher standard because... (Luke 12) 47 that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Ps. 62: 1-2, 6-7
1 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved. • • •
6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.
7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

(Mosiah 3) 17 And moreover, I say unto you, that there shall be no other name given nor any other way nor means whereby salvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent.
18 For behold he judgeth, and his judgment is just; and the infant perisheth not that dieth in his infancy; but men drink damnation to their own souls except they humble themselves and become as little children, and believe that salvation was, and is, and is to come, in and through the atoning blood of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent.

No comments: